About Me

My photo
Mum to two small things. Kitchen dancer. List maker. Known to be partial to Gincidents. Advocate of winesday. Often found spinning or on a Pilates mat (not spinning). Believer that the moments make the memories.

Sunday 18 March 2012

The 10 year light at the end of the tunnel

The 10 year light at the end of the tunnel


So my main plan today is to lie in front of the TV shouting: 'I can't, it's Mother's Day.' 


I've already tried it on the Labour councillor that's just knocked on my door trying to talk politics - bad enough on a Sunday, but on Mothering Sunday...


Do they not realise that mothers everywhere are trying their hardest to do nothing (except ring their own mothers of course).


As I lie on the couch of laziness, I can't help thinking of all those new mums out in the fog while I lie here ordering my small things about.


Dear mums, one day in about ten years you shall have a day like today and all the sleepless nights will be worth it. Today marks my ten year light at the end of the tunnel. 


Today my nearly ten year old has promised to spend the day making me cups of coffee. She has been in training for a while - obviously pouring boiling water has been my main concern - but now she makes the perfect brew.


This heralds the perfect mother's day.


New mums your day will come. Hang on in there.



No comments:

Post a Comment